Thursday 16 August 2012

Zucchini Slice


Just because the recipe says to bake in a lamington tray is no reason not to experiment. . .

I do recommend a giant mixing bowl for this one if you are going to 'vege-it up' like I do. My Tupperware servalier bowl holds about 4L
  • 400g zucchini, grated - skin & all
  • 1 large onion, finely diced (or cheat & use the small jullienne on your mandolin slicer like I do)
  • 2 medium carrots (about 200g), grated - skin on or off to your preference
  • 400g corn kernals (I use a 420g can, drained, but I'm sure frozen would work just as well)
  • 3 rashers bacon, finely chopped (about 150g if you buy the pre-diced)
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 1 cup SR flour
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (if you are simply baking this you can leave the oil out as I have done by mistake in the past :-) )
  • 5 eggs, lightly beaten
  • salt & pepper to taste (I like a lot but tend to add it at the table so Miss M doesn't develop a taste for it)








Throw it all in a bowl
















& mix well. 














You will end up with a consistency like thick coleslaw











Bake at 180 degrees until golden brown & cooked through (depending on your container anywhere from 20-60min)

Now for the fun part! How would you like to serve it in the end? 




Lunchbox? - try muffin sizes or even pretty muffin sized moulds like these Will & Jess ones I bought from Aldi a few months ago.














Dinner party? -still nothing wrong
with those muffins, but how about individual kugelhopfs? 















Family meal? - in a lamington tray topped with sliced tomato on top
(sorry don't have a shot of this, will take one next time I make it :-) )

















Party? Try this - I received a Kambrook Doughnut Factory (looks like this model is discontinued, otherwise I would have linked direct to Kambrook, sorry) as a gift from family and have been wanting to try something other than doughnuts in it - what do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving your comments, Thank you <3

Pin It button on image hover